Sunday, November 1, 2009

A day with George...


We had the opportunity to go and see George Stroumboulopoulos as the host of The Hour, Canada's late night talk show. Our Public Relations Class from Loyalist College was all there!

I have to say, I wasn't expecting to have such a good time. My husband and I do watch his show but I didn't know what to expect.

As we entered the CBC building in downtown Toronto, I couldn't believe all the floor to ceiling posters they had of different shows. As you are walking down the hall to line up for the show, you see a poster of George in each window as you pass. It was very clever.

After we waited for a bit, we were asked to sit or stand for about 15 mins. around the studio as they set up for a Christmas special show with Metric and Hamilton Children's choir. Great show, I never heard of Metric but I thought they were good.

After Metric, the shows producer asked us to go back out of the studio and wait until they set up for the second part of the show. When we did go back in, we had seats this time! George came out and did a couple of introductions. We didn't get to see him interview a guest this time but after he did his parts, he talked to the audience and took any of our questions.

When the show was done and the questions were asked, people swarmed George and he was great about it and took the time to take pictures with different people. At one point, I heard him tell his producer to call his mom and say he would be late meeting her for dinner! Too cute!

If would go back and see him again and I would recommend that if anyone has the chance to see him, to take it! He was great to watch. Amazing people person!

No comments:

Post a Comment